Wednesday, February 6, 2008
powerpoint in schools
The use of powerpoint in the classroom can most certainly be a captivating tool for teachers to use. Students often appreciate the visual nature of a good presentation. Visual objects such as photos, diagrams, maps, etc. along with sound can make a boring lecture seem quite interesting. However, some teachers tend to abuse powerpoint. These multimedia presentations are meant to be a more attention-grabbing option than the typical outline form, notetaking procedure used in most classrooms. When the powerpoint presentation just becomes a different way to write on the blackboard, the true purpose of this alternative is lost. Therefore, we must learn not to take advantage of these multimedia as an easy way to save time re-writing notes. Instead, when we use these types of programs, teachers must understand that the true purpose is to engage the learner with more visual or audio stimuli.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think using powerpoint can help grab students attention too and hopefully teachers aren't using it the wrong way!
I agree with you that power point is a good option for teachers to use in the classroom because it does grab the students attention. However, it can get boring if that is how the notes are delivered every week. I had a class like that in college and every class felt the same. I think it is good when a teacher uses a variety of methods to teach the lesson.
Post a Comment